Here begins the Guys Weekend Blog...hopefully, far in the future, we'll look back on this post and laugh at its primitivity.
What better way to start than to list the Guys Weekends?
1995 - Guys Weekend - Atlanta, GA
1996 - Guys Weekend II: Leavin' the Seat Up - Cape San Blas, FL
1997 - Guys Weekend III: Buzzkill - Birmingham, AL
1998 - Guys Weekend IV: Throwin' Your Clothes Away - Reelfoot Lake, TN
1999 - Guys Weekend V: Too Much Beer - Rock Island, TN
2000 - Guys Weekend VI: Son of Guys Weekend - Cincinnati, OH
2001 - Guys Weekend VII: Asses of Fire - Jekyll Island, GA
2002 - Guys Weekend VIII: The Fab Four - Cleveland, OH
2003 - Guys Weekend IX: Full House - Gatlinburg, TN
2004 - Guys Weekend X: Liberal Wieners and Right-Wing Nutjobs - Guntersville, AL
2005 - Guys Weekend XI: Killing Dr. Lucky - Mentone, AL
2006 - Guys Weekend XII: 100% Pure Awesome or Hi, Chicago or Two Feet in Chicago - Chicago, IL
2007 - Guys Weekend XIII: ...This May Not Be the Weekend for You - Mammoth Cave, KY
2008 - Guys Weekend XIV: Full House 2 - Morganton, GA (Lakeview Lodge)
2009 - Guys Weekend XV: Viva Las Memphis! - Memphis, TN
2010 - Guys Weekend XVI: Asses of Ice - Blue Ridge, GA (River Ridge)
2011 - Guys Weekend XVII: Harry Potter and the Pair of Fives - Blairsville, GA (Lake Escape)
2012 - Guys Weekend XVIII: O Brother! (The Stephen Experiment) - Dittmer, MO
2013 - Guys Weekend XIX: Reversion to the Mean - Panama City Beach, FL
2014 - Guys Weekend XX: Planes, Glames, and Automobiles - Indianapolis, IN
2015 - Guys Weekend XXI: Idiots Playing Poker - Blue Ridge, GA (River Ridge)
2016 - Guys Weekend XXII: subtitle TBD - Arlington, TX
2017 - Guys Weekend XXIII: subtitle TBD - Kansas City, MO
2018 - Guys Weekend XXIV: subtitle TBD - Blue Ridge, GA (Whitewater Overlook)
2019 - Guys Weekend XXV: subtitle TBD - Holland, MI
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Last year: This might not be the weekend for you?
Also, 1999 was in Rock Island, Tenn. Fall Creek Falls was the golf course we drove to that was like 80miles away.
Oh, and the name for the Mentone weekend was Killing Dr. Lucky.
I think the Guntersville weekend had the names reversed: "Liberal Wieners and Right-Wing Nutjobs"
Also, Chicago has been in my mind lately as "Hi, Chicago!" perhaps that was just a suggestion that stuck with me. I like it as you have it, so that's not an objection. But it is a call for clarification.
"This might not be the tour for you" is the only suggestion I can recall for last year. I'm thinking "This cabin looked alot bigger on the website" might be a good one. Or some take on the cramped position of the toilet... then again one toilet reference in a GW title is perhaps enough.
And way way kudos for using roman numberals.
[The rest of my comments are rendered moot by edits made while I could not post, so are herein deleted.]
Entirely possible that I appropriated the Chicago name myself, since I remember we (Joe, AK, Mark) all got a kick out of it. I remember suggesting it, and thought I had assent from Amorak, at least. I'm willing to open it up to the group.
Same thing for last year. I think Amorak suggested it, and I was willing to run with it, but we still have time to get an "official" name. I cannot find Amorak's annual "wrapup" email--lost a bunch of archived stuff where I kept it--where I suspect there could have been other suggestions.
I agree on the wieners/nut jobs order. We can verify at jibjab, most likely.
"Hi, Chicago" and "Two Feet in Chicago" were discussed. I kinda thought Two Feet in Chicago was the winner.
I verified the order at JibJab.com and corrected. Twas funny to see the video again, but not nearly as funny considering the voters gave that MO-ron another 4 years.
I am finding it hard to figure out how to edit the original post! Here's where we are now:
2008 - Guys Weekend XIV: subtitle TBD - Blue Ridge, GA (Lakeview Lodge)
2009 - Guys Weekend XV: subtitle TBD - Memphis, TN
2010 - Guys Weekend XVI: subtitle TBD - Blue Ridge, GA (River Ridge)
Post a Comment