I: Amorak, Christopher, Dan, Joe A, Mark
II: Amorak, Christopher, Dan, Joe A, Mark
III: Amorak, Christopher, Dan, Joe A, Mark, Scott
IV: Amorak, Christopher, Dan, Joe A, Joe R, Mark, Scott
V: Amorak, Christopher, Joe A, Joe R, Mark, Scott
VI: Amorak, Christopher, Dan, Joe A, Joe R, Mark, Scott
VII: Amorak, Christopher, Joe A, Joe R, Mark
VIII: Amorak, Christopher, Joe A, Mark
IX: Amorak, Christopher, Dan, Joe A, Joe R, Mark, Scott
X: Amorak, Christopher, Joe A, Joe R, Mark, Scott
XI: Amorak, Christopher, Joe A, Joe R, Mark
XII: Amorak, Christopher, Joe A, Joe R, Mark
XIII: Amorak, Christopher, Joe A, Joe R, Mark, Scott
XIV: Amorak, Christopher, Dan, Joe A, Joe R, Mark, Scott
XV: Amorak, Christopher, Joe A, Joe R, Mark, Scott
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
27 comments:
Note: Corrections are welcome. For instance, I cannot swear to having all of Dan's years correct, although I think so.
Looks right to me. Now a real challenge would be to note late arrivals and early departures...Christopher's got to be the leader in the clubhouse.
AFAIK, I started out in the hole missing the very first night, but have not missed one since, unless you count having to leave for long periods of time during GWIII, thus contributing to the name.
This is the part where I log my own methods of conveyance to all previous GW's:
I: drove to ATL one day late
II: convoyed to CSB, got oil change in the middle of the trip. radios are fun.
III: took place in my back yard
IV: drove alone to RLSP. and drove. and drove. first night arrival, though late-ish.
V: drove alone to RISP. not as long. first to arrive.
VI: flew with CMB to L'ville, we rode with AKH to CIN
VII: rode with CMB from BHM, met various folks various ways in ATL, convoyed to JI
VIII: Flew to EGR, AKH drove MDO and me to CLE
IX: hm. hard to recall. I'm going to go with "rode with CMB, picked up MDO, AKH in K'ville, then on to G'burg"
X: drove alone first night, got lost, unexpectedly drove past Scott's workplace, arrived a bit late.
XI: drove myself, first night. with company? some flew into BHM? AKH *and* MDO? why is this hard to remember?
XII: flew with J?R to CHI
XIII: drove to Dalton, rode with J?R to MCNP
Christopher had to leave early from Buzzkill, and he has arrived a day or two later than the majority at 3 of the last 4.
My recollection of Reelfoot is that you arrived late afternoon the second day. Although, could this be one of the first Wednesday arrivals, and it was only a few of us that first day? I know Amorak and I arrived first, followed by Joe R, and then Christopher, and perhaps Scott (he may have been late too)? I think we were at the pool or playing Home Run Derby when you got there. Seem to recall that part of your lateness was due to a fight with Bonnie, wherein she didn't want you to go, and you went anyway. Could have been because Gabriel was pretty young (I remember you got a panicked call one night about something wrong with G, which freaked you out a bit, considering the fight with B about you not going, but I believe it all turned out fine).
I also have very little recollection of arrival at Gatlinburg, though it is probably one of the many times that I was picked up at an airport and transported by Mr.R. I recall there were a few of us at the office where we picked up the key (cabin booked in CMB's name), and we had at least 5 of us there that night, sweatin' it out with a frozen AC.
I: Amorak, Christopher, Dan and Mark came on Thursday night. Joe A came in late Friday night.
II: Amorak, Christopher, Dan, Joe A and Mark all caravaned from B'ham, arriving simultaneously on Thursday afternoon/evening.
III: Amorak and Christopher drove down from Nashville on Thursday, arrived at the RV park shortly after Mark and his dad.
Christopher left a day early to attend Parag's med school graduation.
Joe A came that afternoon or evening sometime. He missed a chunk of Friday (?) attending a funeral and getting called into work (right?).
Scott attended from home. His son John also made a brief appearance; I think maybe Scott dropped Joe off?
I know Dan was at this weekend, but I don't remember his details. He actually played poker, though.
IV: This is a tough one. Here's how I remember it:
Mark and Amorak drove from Louisville and got there first, on Wednesday night (I think). Christopher was there shortly thereafter. (I remember the three of us playing Euchre, waiting for a fourth for poker.)
Joe R came later that same night. Did Scott came that night, too? Or the next morning? I'm thinking the next morning.
Joe A arrived the next afternoon. I agree that we were outside when he arrived.
Again, I'm unclear on Dan's details. Was he even here?
OK I'll concede I must have missed a night at Reelfoot. You were playing home-run derby, IIRC, (or preparing to) in the field next to the parking lot when I arrived. I drove my Nissan truck, and I had something in the back... maybe a glass tabletop or something.
I remember Dan being there, and spending a LOT of time alone in the loft, playing Sega, while we played poker.
I remember the game system at Reelfoot being downstairs (this could be argued as the most crowded GW accomodations, as the square footage couldn't be much more than Cleveland, yet we had two additional Guys for most of the time. No kitchen, either). Is it possible we had a second game system? Seems maybe AK brought his Playstation and Joe had several bootleg games? Maybe Playstation was downstairs and classic Sega was upstairs?
I'm thinking Scott came the next morning while we were in the pool. Joe came a bit later while we were playing HRD.
V: Joe A got there first. Mark and Amorak drove down from Lexington and met Joe A near the entrance to the park. We went and ate at this little camp store/restaurant. Scott and Joe R drove in while we were eating. We all met up at the cabin. Christopher came in later ... late the first night? Late the second night?
VI: Joe R picked up Mark at the Cincy airport, and they got to the hotel first. Christopher and Joe A and Amorak drove in together and arrived a bit later. Dan came in some time later. That night? Dan also left a day or so early, after we went to Kings Island.
Scott came in late Friday night from Indy and left Saturday sometime, I think.
VII: Mark and Amorak flew into the Atlanta airport, where they were picked up by Joe R, Joe and Christopher. As a result, we all arrived at Jekyll Island at the same time.
Joe R left Sunday night. The rest of us left really damn early Monday morning.
VIII: Mark and Joe A flew to Grand Rapids, and we drove over to Cleveland (with a stop in Ann Arbor), picking up Christopher at the airport on our way into town.
When did you guys fly into GR? Wednesday? Thursday? Did we leave right from the airport?
I know you guys spent the night at my house Sunday night, and Mark left earlier Monday morning, Joe later (after lunch at Yesterdog).
IX: I flew into Knoxville, where Mark had arrived moments earlier. Joe A, Joe R and Christopher met us there, and we all headed to Gatlinburg together. That was Wednesday.
I think Dan drove in late Thursday night (very late, after giving us some cause for worry by telling us to call his wife if he never showed up), and Scott came in Friday morning (after John's baseball team lost Thursday night).
X: Scott picked me up at the Birmingham airport and we drove to the cabin. Mark and Joe R were already there. That was Wednesday.
Joe A came up that evening.
Christopher came the next morning.
XI: Joe A picked me up at the airport and we drove to the cabin. Mark and Joe R had been there a full night already, I think.
I don't remember when Christopher came.
And I'm now thinking Scott missed this one. If that's true, I'll correct the initial post.
XII: Amorak drove to Chicago, met Mark there, and a few minutes later they met Joe A and Joe R in the hotel lobby. That was Wednesday.
Christopher flew in the next day.
XIII: Amorak and Mark flew to Nashville and met up at the airport. We met up with Joe A and Joe R at a KFC north of the city and drove to the cabin. That was Wednesday.
Scott came in later that evening.
Christopher came in the next morning.
Scott did miss XI. This was the second of our "Draft GWs". Notable for the only (so far) GW that included the viewing of an Auburn football game. I tried valiantly to find the Bama game on radio, but no luck.
XIV: Amorak flew to B'ham on Tuesday, where he met Mark and took the rental car. The next morning, he picked Mark up at a Cracker Barrel near his dad's house and drove to Douglasville to pick up Joe A. Played golf on the way up, met Joe R at the cabin, where he'd been for a couple of hours already. Christopher came in that night. Dan came in shortly after noon on Thursday. Scott came in around 9 p.m. Thursday. Dan left Saturday afternoon; the rest of us pulled out a few minutes after 10 Sunday morning.
Mark picked Amorak up on the side of the road in Camdentown, MO, and they drove six more hours, arriving at the townhouse in Memphis shortly before 5 p.m. Wednesday. Christopher and the Joes drove in from B'ham in Joe A's van, arriving about an hour later. Scott came in around 9:30 p.m. Thursday night.
Joe A left around 6 a.m. Sunday morning. The rest of us departed a few minutes after 10, Christopher and Joe R catching a ride back to B'ham with Scott.
The previous comment refers to GW15, of course.
XVI: Amorak and Mark each flew into ATL from their respective locations on Tuesday, and stayed the night with Joe A in Roswell.
Joe R drove from home, arriving at the cabin in Blue Ridge at approximately 3:40 PM EST (after spending 15 minutes trying to find the cabin).
Amorak, Mark and Joe A all arrived at the cabin about 10 minutes later via Joe A's vehicle.
Scott and Christopher drove up from B'ham, arriving just before 6:00 PM EST.
Dan was not present.
Joe R drove from home, arriving at the cabin first just before 3:30 PM EST. Mark flew into the Atlanta airport, was picked up by Joe A and they drove to the cabin, arriving around 4:30 PM EST. Amorak, having already driven from Michigan to Alabama a couple of days before, drove from Pell City and arrived at the cabin around 6:00 PM EST. Scott had planned to arrive early in the day, but due to medical concerns with his mom was delayed and ended up arriving at the cabin about 11:00 PM EST, driving from B’ham. Scott had emailed the day before saying that he may not be able to attend at all. This was Wednesday (7/13).
Scott got a call on Thursday saying that Susan’s Aunt was in bad shape, and he had to cut his trip short. He left out headed back to Birmingham around 10:00 AM EST Friday morning (7/15).
Christopher drove from Birmingham – originally with an ETA of approximately 2:00 PM EST, but got delayed at work and did not arrive at the cabin until about 8:00 PM EST Friday night. Scott and Christopher each officially attended the same day of a GW event, but never saw each other. Is this a GW first?
All awoke on Sunday (7/17), finished packing, played one last game of Guillotine and then departed. Amorak and Mark left just after 11:30 AM EST, headed back to Pell City via a stop in Glencoe to drop off Mark at his dad’s house. Joe R left just after 12:00 PM EST, and Christopher and Joe A departed shortly after headed to Amicalola Falls before driving to their respective homes.
Dan did not attend.
Post a Comment